For Immediate Release
January 19, 2016
Protech Tactical Showcases Enhanced SHIFT 360 at SHOT Show
Plate rack design modifications improves fit and form for operators
JACKSONVILLE, Florida – PROTECH® Tactical revealed the design refinements to the SHIFT 360™ with enhanced features and benefits at SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade) Show 2016 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, January 19-22.
A dynamic and situational scalable system, the SHIFT 360 meets the needs of agencies seeking a plate rack that scales into a fully loaded armor system. The upgraded SHIFT 360 offers several new features developed for a multitude of mission specifications:
• Single Point Quick Release: A single point quick release system allows the front and rear of the carrier to be removed through one pull of a deployment handle centrally located on the front of the carrier. Ultimately, this provides the ability to remove the carrier from the body quickly and effectively as needed. This is an optional SHIFT 360 variant.
• Additional Rows of Honeywell Spectra® Composite Advanced Webless System (AWS): Located on the front platform and cummerbund, additional rows of AWS slitting allow for better equipment placement and customization. Fifteen percent stronger than standard 1000 denier nylon, AWS is slit-, tear- and fatigue-resistant, making it ideal for Special Forces and front line operations.
• Cummerbund Side Load Insert: A redesigned hook and loop side armor panel eliminates excess bulk and bunching under the arm.
• Cummerbund Slide-Lock Attachment System: An improved cummerbund attachment system, this feature consists of slide and lock inserts to ensure a secure attachment of the cummerbund to the plate rack for reinforced support. The AWS slit placement ensures appropriate ballistic overlap with the cummerbund and plate rack.
• Stabilized Shoulders: Additional loops on the ballistic shoulders provide extra stabilization and ensure better shoulder strap securing and placement.
“When the mission evolves from routine to high security, the SHIFT 360 is on your side,” said Todd Mackler, Vice President, Armor. “Design refinements were completed after collaboration with agencies testing the system in the field. Improvements were made to enhance proper fit, form and function as fundamental components of the SHIFT 360.”
The SHIFT 360 is available in Black, Tactical Green (483), Ranger Green, Coyote, Tan (499) and MultiCam®. The SHIFT 360 and SHIFT 360 QR base platforms are available in a one-size-fits-all configuration. Optional accessories are available in sizes medium to 2XL based on chest measurements.
Visit booth #12762 at the 2016 SHOT Show for a demonstration.
About PROTECH® Tactical
PROTECH® Tactical has maintained the leading position in the tactical armor industry for more than 25 years by continually pursuing its passion to create the gear most coveted by tactical teams throughout the world. PROTECH Tactical takes pride in providing the most comprehensive offering of field proven hard and soft armor. Its cutting edge line up of ballistic tactical vests, shields, armor plates, helmets non-ballistic load-carrying systems and other accessories provide unparalleled head to toe protection. PROTECH Tactical is a part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.safariland.com/protech-tactical.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, ABA®, Second Chance®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, Protech® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator®, NIK®, Mustang Survival® and Med-Eng®. The Safariland Group’s mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
For more information about The Safariland Group and these products, please visit www.safariland.com.
The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.
For further information, please contact:
For product samples, please contact:
The Safariland Group
Brand Marketing Manager
1.909. 923.7300 x31260